Questions and Concerns
When starting a roofing project, every homeowner has questions and concerns that they need to be answered. We understand that, so we’ve created a general list of the things we want you to be aware of before getting started on your next roofing project.
Bright and Early
Our crews can start projects as early as 7 am, but we are flexible. If you aren’t a morning person or you just aren’t available at that time, we’ll do what we can to meet your needs. That being said, if you are planning a roofing project in the summer, we do like to get an early start to beat that summer heat!
When you are getting ready for a roof installation or roof repairs, we do have a few areas of concern for you.
- Driveways: If you have cars in the driveway or close to the house, we ask that you move them for our crews. This will allow us to get closer to the home and prevent any possible damage to your vehicles. Plus, it will allow you to come and go as you need.
- Patios: We understand that you have probably spent a lot of money on patio furniture and the last thing we would want is to ruin that. Please move these pieces inside or somewhere away from the home.
- Gardens and Flowerbeds: Your prized roses or gardens are something we are very aware of. We understand that there’s not much that can be done to move something like this temporarily, which is why we are extremely cautious and aware of where we are placing things.
- Protect Valuables: If you have precious artwork on the walls or on shelves, we do ask that you move them someplace safe. Roof installation and demolition can create significant force that can cause the walls throughout your home to shake. We would not want anything to happen to family photos, heirlooms, or other precious valuables.
- Protect Yourself: A roof installation can turn your home into a dangerous construction zone in a matter of hours. Please protect yourself, your children and your pets! Use caution when entering and leaving your home, be aware of where roofers are and don’t let small children or pets outside without constant supervision.
There’s no getting around it, roofing projects can be loud! If you have young children or pets that can easily scare, we do recommend temporarily moving them from the home during construction. Don’t forget to let your neighbors know about the soon-to-be construction as well!
In order to ensure projects are completed on time, we always order more material than we may need. Once a roof installation or repair is done, our contractors will remove all excess from your property. If you ever find leftover materials around your home, please contact us to properly remove or dispose of it.
As you can imagine, any roofing project will require a plethora of nails. During and after each job, our roofers will go through your yard with a metal detector to pick up as many nails as possible. That being said, it is impossible to keep track of or find every single one, so please be cautious when you are walking around your property during and after a roofing service.
If there is a satellite dish on your roof, it will need to be removed to complete a roof installation, replacement, or repairs if they are near that area. When replacing the dish, sometimes the signal may not come back on. If and when that happens, you’ll need to contact your satellite provider to relink everything. Contact us if you have to do that and we will reimburse you for the cost.
Honestly, we want you to be in love with your roof when we are done. In order to do that, we understand that all of us have to work together to get the job done. Please let us know what we can do to make this a positive experience for you and your family. We look forward to working with you.