A New Roof Is Worth Every Penny and Can Add Significant Value to Your Home
When it comes to adding value to a home, many people consider interior remodeling and landscaping before they think about replacing their roof. Homeowners often wait until their roof is at the very end of its life or it’s sustained damage before they make a change.
And while a roof replacement is a major investment, its benefits make the initial spend more than worth it. The National Association of Realtors reported a 100 percent cost recovery up to $12,000 for new roofing in their 2022 Remodeling Impact Report.
Beyond providing a good return on investment when it comes time to sell, a new roof offers significant value to your current home experience, contributing to an overall more comfortable space.
Understanding the Benefits of a Roof Replacement
There are several factors that play into how much a new roof will cost. Of course, more expensive materials mean a more expensive roof replacement. However, the size, slope, and condition of your current roof – and how difficult the installation will be – also factor in.
Regardless, all quality roof installations have one thing in common: they offer short- and long-term ROI.
Let’s look at some of the key reasons why updating your old roof is a smart financial decision:
- Curb Appeal: A roof replacement can instantly transform the look and feel of your exterior. A house with a new roof appears fresh, modern, and inviting. This is particularly attractive to potential buyers if you’re selling your home, as it indicates your property has been well taken care of.
- Resale Value: An old roof in need of repairs can make your home a hard sell when putting it on the market. Buyers realize they’ll have to further invest in the property right after the sale and may be less inclined to match your asking price – or make an offer at all. With a new roof in place, buyers can have peace of mind that they don’t have to worry about a roof installation for years to come. People are often willing to pay a premium for this, which equates to a better bottom line for you.
- Energy Efficiency: New roofs are generally more energy efficient, meaning a roof replacement can help reduce your monthly utility bills. Today’s roofing materials are capable of keeping the surface of your roof cooler in the summer, so your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard. In winter, a new roof cuts down on drafts with better insulation and locks in heat. By using less energy, you’ll not only save money, but enhance your home’s comfort too.
- Added Protection: A new roof can weather the elements much better than one that’s showing its age. The older a roof is, the more susceptible it is to damage, and one bad storm can push it to its limits. A roof replacement ensures you and your home are properly prepared and protected for anything Mother Nature has in store.
- Savings on Insurance: The premium you pay for homeowner’s insurance partially correlates to the age of your roof. A new roof can lower your monthly premium.
To optimize your roof’s return on investment, it’s a good idea to have it routinely inspected, so any areas of concern can be addressed and repaired quickly.
How to Know You Need a New Roof
It’s safe to say a new roof adds impressive home value. But how do you know it’s actually time to replace your current one? There are few telltale signs to look out for:
- Your roof is nearing the end of its useful life.
- You’ve noticed visible damage to your roof, like dented or missing shingles.
- You’ve spotted a leak in a ceiling or wall inside your home.
- Your roof is saggy or droopy in places.
- Your roof is growing vines, moss, or other foliage.
If your roof matches any of these descriptions, the best place to start is with a free 21-point inspection from Vision Construction.
Using the Right Materials for a Roof Replacement
The materials you use on your new roof can also affect your ROI. There’s a lot of great roofing technology on the market today, so you need to work with experienced professionals who can recommend the best materials for your roof, location, and budget.
At Vision Construction, we’re committed to using high-quality, reliable products from brands like CertainTeed, Owens-Corning, Malarkey, Airvent, Atlas, GenFlex, GAF, IKO, TAMKO, Lomanco, ABC, Georgia-Pacific, and more.
Here are all the different materials we can install during your roof replacement project:
- Asphalt Shingles: By far the most common type of roofing we lay, asphalt shingles are available in 3-tab or dimensional styles. They’re typically more affordable and can last between 20 and 30 years if vented and installed correctly.
- Cedar Shakes: Cedar shake roofs are long-lasting, durable, and energy efficient, capable of withstanding even the harshest weather conditions. Also thanks to their rustic styling, these wooden shingles give your home a particularly unique look. However, they can be quite costly, and most homeowners choose a more modern material.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing can be aluminum, zinc, copper, stainless steel, and galvalume and comes in different thicknesses depending on your needs. Unlike many roofing materials, it can be installed in winter, making it the perfect solution when you need a roof replacement right away.
- Roof Tiles and Stone-Coated Steel: Clay and concrete tile roofs can last upwards of 50 years and withstand high winds and hail, but because of their weight, your home may require extra reinforcement. Stone-coated steel tiles have the same look but weigh much less.
- Impact-Resistant Shingles: Sometimes called Class 4 shingles, this roofing material is specially designed to handle major storms that would completely ruin other types of shingles. They can last between 30 and 50 years under ideal conditions and may even contribute to a lower homeowner’s insurance premium.
Ready to Get a Good Return on Investment with a New Roof? Contact Vision Construction.
When you’re in need of a roof replacement, we complete the project with a high return on your investment in mind. You deserve to get the most out of your roof, and we’ve made it our job to see that through.
We even provide new roof financing through GreenSky, because they make it easy to apply and get the funds you need, and they’re just as passionate about exceptional customer service as we are.
To learn more about our roof installation services and request an inspection, call (888) 360-8474. You can also a send us a message through our website, and we’ll get back to you within one business day.